Updated: July 12, 2018 8:01:29 pm
At least six workers died after inhaling poisonous gas at the Gerday Steel India Ltd plant at Tadiparti in Anantpur in Andhra Pradesh Thursday evening. The mishap occurred while a chamber was being tested after a two-week long maintenance work was done. Officials said the residue of carbon monoxide used in the maintenance work was inhaled by the workers. Two died on the spot while four others died at the Area Government Hospital. Two others, who are in a critical condition, are being taken to Anantapur Government Hospital.
More details awaited.
© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd