Press "Enter" to skip to content
Loading...

CNN offices in New York evacuated due to ‘bomb threat’: report


A reported bomb threat phoned in to CNN’s New York offices prompted an evacuation late Thursday evening, authorities confirmed to Fox News.

By shortly after 11 p.m., CNN personnel were reporting that everyone was safe and the threat appeared to be over.

News of the threat was communicated earlier on Twitter by CNN anchor Brian Stetler.

“The NYPD is investigating a bomb threat near CNN NYC’s office at Columbus Circle,” Stelter wrote. “Due to the threat, the office has been evacuated. Right now CNN is airing taped programming due to the disruption.”

The area — around 59th Street and Central Park West in midtown Manhattan — was closed to vehicle and pedestrian traffic while authorities investigate, police said, adding that a bomb squad had been called in.

The bomb threat was called in while CNN’s Don Lemon was in mid-broadcast. The show reportedly cut to an “abrupt break” around 10:37 p.m. EST.

The caller who phoned in the threat claimed there were five bombs inside the building, New York’s WNBC-TV reported, citing a police source. But police later said there was no evidence of any explosives inside the building, the station reported.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.



Source link

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: